You may receive a call requesting a showing in the next ten minutes. The decision to allow the prospective buyers in is yours. If you elect to cooperate with the showing, the following punch list may help:
- Sound – Turn off the television. Soft classical musical is okay, but some people find it distracting.
- Sight – Turn on every light in the house – day and night. Every window covering should be open (unless the view is unattractive).
- Smell – Heat a pan on the stove and drop in a few drops of vanilla.
- Kitchen – Make sure dirty dishes are out of sight.
- Bathrooms – Close toilet lids.
- Living/Family rooms – Hide clutter, magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Bedrooms – Make the beds, don’t use the closet as a hiding place – try underneath the bed.
- Children & Pets Outside – You too! Let the Realtor sell your home. If you are there the buyer may feel uncomfortable voicing objections and their Agent won’t
be able to respond to these objections.